FISC are a rapidly expanding business and are the creators and originators of market leading software in the motor industry used by over 2000 motor dealerships in the UK and internationally.
We now have an exciting new opportunity for a highly motivated Product Owner based at our Sheffield office to help us to enhance our product offering and meet ever increasing product development demands.
Within our established Agile framework, the Product Owner will liaise with stakeholders, including our clients, to analyse the needs and align our product roadmap to strategic goals. They will work closely with multiple departments within the business to ensure products are delivered on time and to specification.
The role will involve developing specifications for product features based on briefs and discussions with clients and internal stakeholders so that they are clearly understood by the development teams. The role also involves maintenance of an appropriately prioritised backlog of development items for implementation by the software engineers, who work in two-week sprints.
The Product Owner will work especially closely with the Head of Development and the Technical Delivery Manager to ensure alignment with the strategic technological roadmap and to meet the business’ and clients’ delivery expectations.
The successful candidate will have a background in software product ownership and/or general commercial experience as a product business analyst, owner, or other similar role and will possess the following skills:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and structured change management.
- Previous experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to deal confidently with clients.
- Ability to understand and interpret the differences between how stakeholders define problems and how developers interpret them.
- Ability to work calmly in a busy and demanding role.
- Knowledge of development within different project delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Strong people skills, able to get the best out of colleagues you work with.
- Knowledge or experience of the retail motor industry and/or motor finance
- Highly competitive salary
- 37.5 hour working week
- 24 days holiday including Christmas Shutdown
- Award Winning Health Insurance with rewards scheme
- Free parking
- Office, Home or Hybrid based
To apply for this role, fill out the form on the right and upload your CV.